Profiles of Teaching Competency: The Teacher, The Kids and the "Sfuff:" Classroom Life

Profiles of Teaching Competency

The Teacher, The Kids and the “Stuff:” Classroom Life

They know what they are doing in the classroom and it makes sense.

January 16th 2008

1 How do I really know at this point? I'm basically so inexperienced I can't tell for sure. I'm reasonably certain that I have the basic skills necessary but I see this as an area of huge potential development.

February 25th, 2008

2 My growing awareness of IRP's/PLO's and I've learned so many tools for connecting them to the Big Ideas. I see that I am making connections between the human and curricular elements of teaching.

SA’s Rating April 3, 2008

5 No Comments

They are knowledgeable in their fields.

January 16th 2008

4 I feel confident in my area of knowledge and my ability to understand different modes of inquiry.

February 25th, 2008

4 I get to experience myself as competent in my filed regularly. I have enough knowledge of my field to know that no one knows it all and I don't deed to pretend that I do. I can be honest about what I know and leave the door open for continued learning.

SA’s Rating April 3, 2008

5 No Comments

They use evaluation to promote learning.

January 16th 2008

1 I understand that evaluation is subjective (even on seemingly objective tests). I don't know much about non-traditional evaluation methods; I am hungering to learn more.

February 25th, 2008

2 Carolyn and Vandy's presentations on evaluation and assessment excite me. I think I'm beginning to understand how to make evaluation more useful to students. I'm excited to put these new strategies into practice.

SA’s Rating April 3, 2008

5 No Comments

The classroom is a vital, alive and zestful place.

January 16th 2008

3 My ideology follows this path and I very much hope this is true about my classrooms to be.

February 25th, 2008

3 Not much movement here. I really want more practice with organizing a classroom in various ways to see just how I can create this kind of environment more and more. I know that getting the students to own their class is absolutely essential. I want to try.

SA’s Rating April 3, 2008

5 No Comments

The teaching materials used are varied, imaginative and relevant.

January 16th 2008

2 I plan to use as much material generated by my students as possible; under those circumstances, the materials will be varied, imaginative and relevant because they will be generated by the students who are varied, imaginative and relevant.

February 25th, 2008

2 I want more practice! How can I develop this skill (outside my imagination anyway) further when I have so little 'face' time with real students?

SA’s Rating April 3, 2008

5 Great use of video for “The Lottery!”

These teachers unify their groups.

January 16th 2008

0 I connect with individuals, put out feelers, observe, notice, etc. I can't say that I have much practice facilitating for a group of people who may not want to be where they are. I'm uncertain of how to unify individuals under those circumstances.

February 25th, 2008

1 I have begun to think about how to accomplish this task. I'm designing my lessons with peer evaluation in mind and getting my students to work cooperatively but I haven't actually had the opportunity to try this new skill out yet.

SA’s Rating April 3, 2008

5 Students were eager to share their projects for “The Lottery!”

0 comments: